With everyone from commercial operators and municipalities to colleges, universities and airports working to optimize operations, “smart parking” solutions can be a game changer. For parking professionals looking to reduce congestion, circling and emissions, increase customer satisfaction, optimize utilization, build yield-driven pricing strategies, increase safety and improve enforcement, deploying technology-driven solutions that cost-effectively provide real-time benefits opens whole new worlds.
The Importance of Real-time Parking Accuracy Data
Your parking operation is adversely affected when you don’t have real-time availability data. Manually counting open spaces in your parking garage or on surface lots is ineffective and produces inaccuracies that have many repercussions. Let’s look at why tracking parking occupancy is important and the new parking counting system that gives you real-time parking availability counts with over 98% accuracy levels.
Why is real-time occupancy data so important? With real-time parking availability counts you can:
- Send availability information to variable message signs in garages, lots and around your city to guide parkers to open spaces faster
- Utilize historical parking count data to spot trends and anomalies so you can take action
- Leverage availability data for long-term planning
For example, if you are a town with on-street and off-street parking facilities, you probably have high-volume areas where it’s difficult to find parking. As a result, drivers must circle for open spots, which makes them late for work, unable to shop and conduct business—and that makes drivers and businesses unhappy. Circling and waiting in line also cause congestion on streets and in garages and surface lots. That congestion, in turn, creates traffic problems and safety issues.
A Smart Solution is Plug-and-Play
One solution is to install a ParkTrak plug-and-play counting system from All Traffic Solutions. ParkTrak uses laser technology to precisely count vehicles with over 98% accuracy. With ParkTrak, you can generate accurate availability counts and send that real-time information to your signs, apps, websites and more.
ParkTrak is better than loops or cameras:
- Mounts overhead or on a pole—no cutting up the cement, gravel or asphalt
- Installs in under one day with no interruption to parkers
- Easy to set up—just mount, point, and set directional ranges for vehicle detection. The audible beep tells you ParkTrak is detecting and ready to go!
- Uses directional logic to detect tailgating vehicles, back-ups, vehicles entering/exiting the wrong way—even pedestrians, bikes and carts (Loops and cameras can’t do that!)
ParkTrak comes pre-configured for ParkingCloud™ so you have real-time access to data and analytics, including parking usage and availability reports, and can push information to wherever you need it. It can also integrate with other systems you’re already using.